The Advanced Comms Board (ACB) was created to facilitate the integration of QTFM sensors onto a wide range of mobile platforms, including UAVs and UUVs. With its lightweight design and ready-made features, the ACB offers a practical solution to fast-track data logging and fusion. The latest ACB version (ACB 2.0) is compatible with both QTFM Gen-1 and Gen-2 sensors (A and B variants).
The ACB 2.0 comes equipped with a built-in data logger, GPS receiver with 1 PPS, wireless Bluetooth connectivity, and an easily accessible input for external power. Lightweight (~ 23 g), compact (1.85cm x 1.2cm x 10.8cm), and low-power (~1.5 Watts )
- Transfer data to the PC with a USB cable
- Access to Mag Data Pulse (MDP) and 1-PPS for timestamps
- Easy connectivity to external battery/power supply (+3.3 to +5.5V)
- Hot-swap external batteries with USB power for holdover
- Sync-in/out for sensor arrays
- Open .CSV file format (standard, geospatial, or flat configurations)
Saving files is easy, as it can be triggered by a button press or through sending a wireless command with a phone over Bluetooth. Once files are saved, they can be downloaded over USB and are stored in an open-source .CSV format. A free software tool is also available for importing saved files, converting file formats, and correcting heading errors.
- a built-in data logger based on Teensy 4.1 (preprogrammed to log GPS and QTFM data)
- a 32GB SD card for data storage
- a GPS module
- a Bluetooth adapter (compatible with PC, Android, and iPhone)